15.2.11

Happy Valentine's Day!

My boy surprised me this morning with heart shaped toasts at my doorstep! There wouldn't be a better way to start my day.

Boyfriend delighted upon receiving a fake bouquet of roses I made for him.

For occasions like this I like to be a little more crafty though I'm not exactly the most creative person out there. In the end I decided to make a fake bouquet. Not just pleasing to the eye, but edible and usable too!

Idea adapted HERE.

For the one I made, 4 coloured pens were turned into 'roses' by wrapping green fabric tape along with a single rose stalk. The flower jar was filled with plum centered candies then I took old bouquet wrappers to cover the fillings. Secured with mafia string. Sprayed those flowers with a perfume of my choice so they smell just as good as real ones.


Had a wholesome lunch at Marche restaurant.  
My valentine's day outfit consisted of a fitting dress (tailored) that flatters my frame, some pattered leggings with plain flats and a turban! Yes, I fell in love with that $5 turban recently and I knew I had to get it. It's comfortable and keeps my hair in place.

Visited the Underwater World; I have been wanting to go for some time.
Shall end my entry with a quote:
"The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you that you love... Well, that's just fabulous."