19.1.14

Love Letters


Mandarin collar blouse - c/o Dressabelle







Organza full midi skirt - ULIMALI Shop



MAC matte lipstick in 'Chili'




Nude leather pumps - ZARA





Vintage Cadali Taylor watch - Late Rabbit

Besides unbeatable snacks like love letters, pineapple tarts and not forgetting the red packets, another thing I love about Chinese New Year is mandarin collars! If you have read my CNY post last year, you would know that I love how dainty those collars make me look. It's a pity that it's not worn enough through the rest of the year. I'm channeling my inner Parisian today with a really volumous midi skirt which reminds me a lot of Dior's New Look. While midis are all the hype lately, I think the fullness of it is what makes it glamorous. So sticking with that classic 50s housewives silhouette, I paired it with an oriental blouse tucked in. Even though the top and bottom are of completely opposite aesthetics, I think they still tie in really well with equally luxurious material. Oh and of course, wearing pointed pumps to keep it classy!

Photos by Yun Jing