13.4.11

The Salvation Army

Tired of town and other crowded shopping districts of Singapore, Amanda, Nigel and I decided to explore an unconventional shopping spot - the thrift store. The one we visited was Praisehaven Family store set up by The Salvation Army that is located in Bukit Merah. (Thanks ZN <3)

Leopard inner slip, blouse, purse - Shanghai. Boots by Vancl. DIY ripped stockings from Daiso


Me, Amanda
Butt-slamming caught in action


Some tips to thrift store shopping!

- Skip the lingerie section. I don't think anybody wants to wear an old underwear. Shoes too.
- Make sure there aren't damages/stains on an apparel that cannot be fixed.
- Buy clothes that FIT. It's not really worth tailoring.
- Try on clothes! (Yes, changing rooms are available in the store.)
- Any wooden/paper items should be thoroughly checked for pest infestation.
- Lastly, always keep an open mind, you'll never know what's there.



For more information on what I'm wearing, price etc please click on my outfit thumbnail on my sidebar!

<3



Stuff I picked up from the thrift store:


{everything is second hand except aviators.}

1. Brown high waist skirt (love the slits on the sides), $5
2. White high waist shorts, $5
3. Vintage aviators, 2 for $5
4. Pentax compact camera, $2.50

    Subtotal = $17.50

I am so happy with the compact camera, with the price especially! It works totally fine with some additional functions other compact cameras don't have, even came with a case! It's in mint condition when I found it, with only slight dirt and scratches. If you're the previous owner and reading this, THANK YOU for leaving this baby to me in such wonderful condition.

Close-up
To end this entry, I just want to say I enjoyed shopping in the thrift store. Many of the stuff there were preloved and in decent condition. The Salvation Army welcomes donations (in terms of material items) so I urge everyone to think twice before throwing 'junk' that might be a treasure to someone else! Besides, it's for a good cause too. :)