25.7.11

Review: Himalaya Neem Face Pack

This entry is about a face mask for oily, pimple prone skin. I have been religiously using this product for more than a year and LOVING IT. It works like magic and doesn't cost a bomb. I do not go for facials because this mask has done its job keeping my face clean.


(source)


Active ingredients:

Neem - well known for its antibacterial properties, helps in controlling acne and pimples, and their recurrence.
Turmeric - antiseptic and improves complexion.

You'd be happy to know that Himalaya Herbals is against animal testing and was crowned as one of Woman's Weekly Best Beauty Buys Award 2011.

If I'm not wrong, a tube of this goodie only costs $10.90 in Watsons. It'll last you for a long time; I'm only on my second tube after a year and a half. Basically, it is a greenish, grainy liquid that carries a strong neem scent. It's advised to left on the face for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off.


Here's how I use it:
1. Start with a clean face. Remove all makeup else it won't be as effective!
2. Use an adequate amount and apply on face in small circular motions (helps to exfoliate dead skin)
3. You only need a thin layer!
4. Rinse after mask has COMPLETELY dried
5. Tone (to remove any residue) and moisturize


What it does is that it absorbs all the sebum/dirt from the pores. It can be extremely drying and tight when applied, but it does a fantastic job clearing my face! I do not recommend this to people with dry or sensitive skin because it might cause redness and irritation. Also, never use this on wounds or burns!

Right after applying mask
When mask dries off

See those dots concentrated around my nose and cheeks?

Yes, that's how dirty my face at the end of the week. Once, I left it on for an hour and there were literally PATCHES of oil spots around my nose. After treatment, my skin becomes more radiant, smoother and less visible pores.

In summary...
(+)
- Very affordable
- Effective in cleansing, exfoliating, preventing breakouts
- Works as a mask and exfoliator
- Doesn't take long to dry up on face (unlike the peel-off ones)


(-)
- Contents tend to dry up (simply wet your fingers before application to solve this problem)
- Slight tingling sensation
- Hard to wash off (use a toner to remove any residue before mosturizer)

That's it! I hope you guys/girls will give it a try!