4.8.11

Cheers to the freaking weekend!

I had a close-to-perfect weekend! So sad it's all over in a flash.


Dinner at Haji Lane


Last friday was my boy and I's 1.5 years anniversary. Due to time constraint, we only had time to meet up for dinner. We dined at this little restaurant near Haji Lane, which its name I've already forgotten! It was so packed that we had to sit along the road side, with no tea candle or whatsoever. The service was pretty bad in my opinion; the waitress who served us made our seats shift several times, took a chair from our table cause the other table didn't have enough, rejected Nigel's credit card cause the machine 'couldn't read'. In fact, his credit card was perfectly fine when I demanded the waitresses to try it again.

Wore this gorgeous flowy dress from Lipsyditsy!





Church!

Had a full day in church because the youth music ministry had to perform special music at night and I was part of it! I have so much joy every week with in Church. Time always goes by so quickly even if my friends and I are just talking with some bubble tea.



I brought my $2 Daiso sun hat and round shades, my friends loved them!

Bernice with her new glasses (it's real!)


Chill out spot outside the sanctuary

I. WANT. YOU. TO LEAVE ME ALONE





Self proclaimed John Lennon 

The youth music ministry singers practicing hard for special music 'What Faith Can do'

The band.....

...and our beloved pianist.


My face at its best.

Stayover at Marina Bay Sands

I had the opportunity to see MBS the first time in my life! Lucky me. So thankful and excited when Desiree invited me over (thanks babe!). Nigel came along too! We were so amazed by the architecture within MBS, it looks like a long stretch of stairs if you look straight up. Everything was grand and large scaled. There were live music going on in one of the bars, low murmuring among the adults, what a nice place.

View of ceiling within MBS! (taken with iPhone camera)
I'd say the room was average... I expected better since it's a 5-star hotel right? Our room was oriental themed with neutral furnishings. The toilet was huge though; 2 sinks, a bathtub, shower room and toilet. The view from our window was awesome. We could almost see the entire Singapore. Just kidding.


Hitting the waters!

It was so crowded at just 10.30am in the morning! People were everywhere, but we were lucky to get 2 sun beds. The water in the pool was freezing cold! Took me forever to submerge my entire body in :(





:)




Sharing a tanning bed. BECAUSE WE CAN ^^



Totally candid! Reminds me of those good vision advertisements lol.





Boy in his totally mismatched board shorts





Mama Liew :)



Went down to Hyped Up flea at Scape!



Dinner at Timbre @ Substation

Nigel and I made our way to Timbre for dinner. Have been hearing about it so much, but it was my first time there, and probably the last. I'll tell you why in a minute.

I loved the food, the ambience, music (except it was too loud) and I think the prices were reasonable. However, service was BAD. Real bad. In fact, it was horrible, and it ruined my entire experience. I hate to have that sense of guilt after experiencing a bad service, cause there's not much I can do about it, plus I've heard so many good things about Timbre.

What happened at Timbre:
1. We were denied of refilling of plain water. The waiter told us if we wanted refill, we HAD TO order drinks.
2. We were told to not drink from our own bottles (plain water) because outside drinks are not allowed.
3. Again, we were told outside drinks were not allowed when we already stopped drinking from our own bottled.
4. The waiter asked for my debit card to put 'on hold' when our meal wasn't even finished.

I couldn't believe this was the kind of service I got out of Timbre. Timbre has fantastic reputation among my friends. I am not a difficult customer. I seldom complain to whoever that serves me and I try not to ask too many questions. But Timbre was just horrible and unreasonable for its service.

Anyway, on a brighter note, the food:

Buffalo wings!
Roasted duck + Hawaiian thin crust pizza (edited with Instagram)

Food came in large portions, more than enough to satisfy the both of us. Nigel recommended the roasted duck pizza which I was crazily in love with!



Burnt a hole in my pocket :( Can totally forget about my JC Cosmic Litas. But my weekend was awesome! I'm blessed with loved ones <3