2.3.12

The basic skater

Skater Dress - Dressabelle, platforms - JC Lana Fab, Clutch - Shanghai



There must be a reason why every girl is raving about the skater dress. Did you know that the term "Skater Dress" originated from the mini dresses athletes wore during figure skating? Its beautiful silhouette and flirtatious hemline makes the dress look amazing on ice, the runway as well as on all body types. The skater dress is a basic that every girl should own. It'll definitely come in handy sooner or later, I promise.

Sun hat - Daiso, collar necklace - City Plaza

I wore my basic skater dress with platforms and a matching nude envelope clutch.

Couldn't stop twirling! 


Goes really well with a sun hat too! Added a collar necklace to go with the trend and more fun to my outfit.

(I avoid those trendy sequin collar blouses because I believe they'll come and go. I try to invest only in classic pieces, that is why I purchased a collar necklace that only costs me $16.90.)



Hope you found some inspiration in styling a basic skater dress rather than to wear it alone!