17.1.13

Tried And Loved: Garnier

Photobucket

I used to not like Garnier. On my thirteenth birthday, my mother introduced me to the whole 3-steps skincare routine because she noticed I had freckles. It was Garnier's Lightening series (the yellow tubes) that didn't work for me at all. Besides, the moisturizer was probably way too heavy for a teen who had just entered puberty. Putting those impressions behind, I have been trying some of their products again. One after another, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I loved them!

To help you understand this review in perspective, take note that I have oily, acne prone skin. I have been struggling with acne for years and I am currently taking antibiotics prescribed by doctor. However, I do not have sensitive skin. I'd highly recommend you to check through ingredients that you might be allergic to before purchasing any of the products I am featured.


1. Instant Fairness BB Moisturizer, ~$18.90

Photobucket


I was pretty much sold when I watched Xiaxue's demo for Garnier. (is it me or Garnier keeps renaming their products when they're actually the same thing?) As most BB creams come in oily formulas, I really appreciate that this one is truly oil-free. Give it a try in store and you'll find that it has a velvety semi-matte texture that is very easy to blend. It has most of what BB creams offer - sunscreen, skincare properties and hydration and gives an incredibly natural finish. Unless you have really flawless skin, a concealer will still come in handy to cover circles and blemishes. I usually use Hada Labo Hydrating Lotion prior to BB cream, then finish off powder.


2. 2 In 1 Gentle Makeup Remover, ~$10.90

Photobucket


I used to be a loyal Maybelline makeup remover girl till I found this, which works way better and more affordable; 200ml for your eyes will last a really long time. Removing your makeup can be troublesome at times but this product will make your routine a breeze. Simply shake to mix the two liquids together, pour sufficiently onto a cotton pad and press on your eyes for 30 seconds. Walla, Stubborn waterproof mascara dissolved! I love that the formula is non-oily (you don't even have to rinse afterwards) and does not sting. Nothing is worse than a makeup remover that irritates your eyes.


3. Daily Energising Gel Wash, ~$13.90

Photobucket

Okay...I must admit, I was partially influenced by the mega advertising efforts for this new line called Pure Active Fruit Energy. There's billboards everywhere! For acne prone skin, the cleanser is crucial because sebum/ oil - the mother of bacteria - is the cause of acne. For a long time, I have religiously been using Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne wash. Don't get me wrong, I still love it but I reserve for night time because it can be drying. The Garnier cleanser comes in 200ml bottle (great value), has a liquidly texture that lathers quickly into foam. It smells fantastic, like citrus green tea and the scent actually stays on your face! After washing, I feel that my skin is smooth, pores tightened and does not feel dry. This cleanser also contains salicylic acid, a substance that breaks down dead skin cells and penetrates skin follicles to treat acne.


p.s/ I tried my best to recall accurate prices, please correct me if I am wrong!
p.s.s/ Have you tried anything from Garnier? What products would you recommend for me?