6.3.13

HYPE Magazine Feature


 photo HYPEFeb2013Feature_zpsc2779430.jpg

 photo HYPEFeb2013Feature-001_zps4d8bc59f.jpg

 photo Scanpng_zpscdbb86e9.jpg

 photo Scan2png_zps4d60875d.jpg

 photo Scan5png_zps4334b5a9.jpg

I am super excited to share with you this fashion editorial which I was featured in. It's the HYPE Magazine Feb 13' issue. During December last year, I was asked to model for some clothes by local designers, in the theme of 'Neon Takes Flight'. Some of the labels I was so lucky to wear included Mash Up and Feist Heist! Those are brands that I personally really like. Disclaimer: I do not consider myself a 'Model', I was merely asked to model for this issue. And of course, I gladly agreed and here's the end results!

It's always a surreal feeling to see myself in print, in my hands, for once not on a computer screen. Being a kiasu Singaporean, I asked my friend Sheryl to grab five copies for me (thank you!), fearing I could not find them on racks anymore haha! We shot in an old abandoned area which was infested with mosquitos, bad idea to not have mosquito repellent with me. Besides having to constantly fight with the humid weather which was the number one cause of melting makeup, the team also suffered countless bites from blood hungry mosquitos. Thank God we made it out alive!

I would like to take this moment to appreciate Cory and Nicol for making the models - me and Nicholas look super stylish, Flix for getting the shots, Michelle for hair and makeup which I absolutely love, and everyone who was present during that day, getting us food, chasing mosquitos away and making sure we got the shots in time. The shoot would not have been possible without all of you!

Lastly, I'd like to appreciate all of you who have given me compliments and praise on this feature! Thank you so much! It really makes my day when someone tells me they enjoy my work. If you would like to grab a hard copy of this magazine (it's free!), be sure to check out these common locations:

Actually+/ Eighteen Chefs/ Island Creamery/ J Shoes/ Leftfoot/ NP FMS Block/ Rockstar By Soon lee/ SOTA/ TAB/ Timbre/ Victoria Jomo