11.1.14

Chasing Light

Checks shirt dress - c/o Dressabelle






Braided belt - Forever 21




Brown oxford boots - Taobao



Leather sling - vintage, mom's




I've fallen in love with these brick walls since the last time I shot here, I couldn't resist exploring just a little more of this place. I'm sure you wouldn't have guessed that this is actually a car repair garage. Ha, hard to tell right? The deeper I walked, the dirtier, dustier the walls. Not that I mind, because that only adds more charm to this plot of land, hidden from the main streets. Plus, I thought the rustic walls well complemented a relaxed button down shirt dress. Shirt dress to me is like the sister of utility jackets; often overlooked by its appearance but well loved for their comfort and functionality. It may not be everybody's cup of tea to wear a slouchy, shapeless button down. But personally I really enjoy feeling carefree in a dress I know I can run errands in. I added brown accents just to keep my ensemble neutral and muted. I used to avoid browns, but it's definitely growing on me. My mom keeps many of her fashion items and this leather bag is one of those she has passed on to me. Its leather withstood the tests of time and remains as a personal vintage favourite. With that being said, I encourage you to take a good look at your parents' wardrobe, like as if it's a treasure chest. You'll be surprised how an aged piece can inspire you.

Photo by Yun Jing