10.8.14

Be Right Back


Camille leather dress - c/o Bridge by Fash Mob
Plaid shirt - c/o Dressabelle
Leather Mary-janes - Dr. Martens
Gold plated watch - Casio
Lips - Revlon balm stain in Romantic

What do you tend to do during break time, or upon class dismissal? Getting my daily dose of Kopi-siew dai (coffee with less milk) is a routine. My after school life is not really that exciting, most of the time I return home or head to the library to browse a book or two. During one of the school days this week, Faith and I decided to shoot an outfit in the restroom. Yes, the restroom...not the most photogenic nor pleasant place to be in for half an hour with a DSLR but we decided to go ahead anyway. To be honest, I wasn't feeling confident about this set of photos but Faith, being a supportive friend, encouraged me to share them with you. The whole time we were shooting I was hoping no one would budge in because then I would have to come up with something convincing to explain myself lol.Now shifting our focus away from the bizarre location, this leather skater dress is to die for! While it might be a little early to be wearing full-on leather that's meant for fall, this one makes a dressy staple which can be (but not necessary) further styled for a variety of occasions. For school, I prefer to bring a cardigan or flannel for warmth, layering purposes or let it sit loosely around my waist. A dressy base piece like mine can be easily dressed down with a plaid flannel and chunky shoes for a 90s grunge appeal. Some people ask me how I can wear leather in Singapore. It's possible to wear difficult materials without breaking a sweat! The trick is just to make sure 1) you're going to stay in air conditioned rooms and 2) the leather is only covering a small part of the body. A girl can always up her game for a basic LBD!

Photos by Faith of Missterfaith