23.1.11

How-To: Pin-Up Girl Makeup inspired by Christina Aguilera

I watched Burlesque yesterday and have to say the movie is a definite must watch! Not much of a storyline but it promises to entertain you from start to end.

I love what Christina has on her face so decided to recreate her look on myself today (not that I look anything like her). This look is ever glamourous and ridiculously simple.

Here's two pictures for reference:






You will need:


I used only 2 colours from the palette. They're circled in red.
---

1. I've already done my foundation; keep it matte and flawless. Apply white high shine shimmer powder on cheek bones, brow bone, nose bridge, forehead and chin.



2. Fill in brows. Wear blue contacts if you have.



3. Apply creamy white pencil as base on eyelids and brow bone. Blend with fingers.



4. Pat on a light eyeshadow on lids, then carefully darken the crease.



5. Draw a long, winged eyeliner. Keep the line clean. Use the same black gel liner for upper water line, and white pencil for lower.



6. Put on fake lashes. Mascara on lower lashes optional.



7. Red blush on cheeks.



8. Line the lips and fill in with red lipstick. Keep the outline clean. Red gloss optional



Finished!




This look is also often seen on Dita Von Teese and Marilyn Monroe.