26.9.11

Barbie & Ken

Committed to chronicling the more sinister side of Barbie's picturesque life, self-taught photographer Mariel Clayton's body of work is a collection of images depicting the doll as an aggressor of a number of gory scenarios.

Complemented with tongue-in-cheek titles, the outlandishly gruesome images often include Ken, Barbie's on-and-off-again boyfriend, in the unfortunate position of victim: decapitated with a box of chocolate in hand, hung upside down and drained of his blood, scrubbing the floor with a sponge while naked on a leash, and many other unlucky roles.
The below images are not for the faint hearted!

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.











Source: Designboom
Photography by: Mariel Clayton (see more)


Oh my. My childhood is ruined forever.

What disturbing pictures. As much as I cringe at the sight of Barbie's I-just-killed-my-boyfriend-grin, I can't help but to look into the details over and over again. Did anyone else notice that there are rats in almost every setting? Ew! I love Barbie dolls. I still keep the ones I love with me till today. But Barbie as a serial killer? *shivers*

I still prefer Barbie in her Fairytopia suit. You decide!