9.5.12

What will be, will be.



Sweater - Mom's | Pants - Mary-Kate&Ashley | Nude leather pumps - Zara



On my lips: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Sassy Mauve (one of my favourite)

$5 envelope clutch from Shanghai



Thank you Nigel for always taking wonderful pictures <3

If you're wondering is that pajamas I'm wearing, you are absolutely right. I have grown a litte too big to fit into a pair of sized 12 (note: kids size) pants but I am unwilling to give it up just yet!

I spent my last weekend working in a departmental store. Each time I worked, I formed a clearer idea of the working world. Work used to be an exciting, refreshing and fun learning experience but as I grow older, I can't be this optimistic anymore. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job, but the conversations with older colleagues hit me back to reality about how tough life exactly is. In the retail industry, most work 6 days a week, spending their time and energy on their feet. Some are just working without passion, some work to save up to pursue a degree, others work simply because they believe there are no better jobs they are qualified for. Many middle-aged mothers work to provide for their children and kill idle time. Of course, there are some I met who are working because they love their job and has built a relationship with the regular customers. I try to speak to everyone in my workplace, try to take a walk in their shoes. A security guard I spoke to used to work in a factory because she did not receive higher education. I learnt that she liked mascaras and has a son of my age, still schooling. She complained about how her back is hurting as we talked. She empathized with me about how I'm juggling school, work and social life, then told me I could take a rest if my legs were tired. Makes me wonder what will I be in 5 year's time. I wonder if I will love my job, if I will be financially free one day. Will I be happy? Will I be able to look back on my life and gladly say that "I've made it."?

Whatever will be, will be.
The future's not our's to see, what will be will be.
 - Doris Day - Que Sera Sera