31.7.12

Day To Night Makeup

The long awaited makeup tutorials are finally ready!

Many readers have expressed your queries on the products I use. I don't state the specific products in the videos because I encourage you to work with what you have! For instance, I normally use Maybelline mascaras, but you can use a mascara you already own (and works well) to achieve a similar look. But since everyone has requested for the products list, I will name down everything.


The eye makeup is very subtle and neutral. Basically, this look should  brighten up the face. I used a pink eyeshadow all over my eyelid and a peach shadow to layer. A pencil eyeliner gives a softer effect; if black is too fierce for you, simple substitute it with a brown eyeliner for a natural look.




Products used:
Revlon photoready concealer
ZA two-way cake
Nivea lip balm
Urban Decay primer potion
Loreal color appeal eyeshadow quad in Pink Lust (overall color), Silky Beige (brow bone, inner corner), Caramel Charm (half lid)
MAC eye kohl in Smolder
NARS blush in Orgasm
Maybelline Stiletto mascara


Night Look (see outfit post)
Simply a transition from what I had on my face in the day. The key to this intense fierceness is to:
  • Define: exaggerate your bone structure and eye shape
  • Darken: intensify colours and shadows
Once you got that, it's simple! Remembering that balance is important - a washed out lip is beautiful in contrast to the smokey eyes.


Products used:
MAC mineralized skin finish powder in Medium Deep
MAC eyeshadow in Cork (crease), Carbon (outer-v, outer half of lower lid)
Loreal color appeal eyeshadow quad in Dark Chocolate (eye socket, lower lid)
Loreal super liner in Noir
NARS blush in Orgasm
Maybelline Stiletto mascara
MAC lipstick in Peach Stock

p.s. I apologize for certain parts that were out of focus, because I am still getting used to this camera!