17.7.12

Garden Adventures

The number of shopping malls in Singapore sprouts up like the speed of light. If you are like me who has gotten bored of all that, perhaps you might want to do something different this weekend.

My boyfriend and I have been on a 'nature hunt' recently and really enjoying ourselves so far! Singapore brands itself as 'The Garden City', no doubt the beautiful city lives up to its name. I'll share with you places we visited recently:

Singapore Botanical Gardens

The Evolution Garden brings you through the geographical transformations since the beginning of time. This particular scenery represents the dinosaur times.



Skull tank - DIY (see post here) | Denim shorts - Forever21 | Sneakers - Vans | Bag - Charles&Keith


Thrifted hippie bag from The Salvation Army

SBG is such a romantic place for strolls, picnics and listening to bands by the Symphony Lake. Nigel and I would enter the garden from Botanic Gardens MRT then slowly make our way towards Orchard Road. Perfect when you decide it's time to get a chilled frappe after the long walk. ;)


Singapore Gardens Festival @ Suntec City

Set-up themed 'Alice In Wonderland' 

It was our first time at the annual SGF and wow, we were mesmerized! I especially loved the mystical forests. Many landscape designers placed heavy emphasis towards the use of textures, lighting and even music. Overall, if I could describe the exhibition in one word, it would be: Enchanting.


Guess what, it's a Flower Kaleidoscope!



(Taken via Instagram @ulimali)


Gardens by The Bay

The urban jungle

Gardens by The Bay...probably left me speechless for 10 seconds. Can I say it was the most beautiful thing I've seen this year? Yes it is. If you haven't experienced the garden, it is time you do. I felt like I was in Jurassic Park!



Take a scented walk along the waters!



Crop paisley top - Gifted | Palazzo pants - Dressabelle (read on how to rock Palazzos!)  | Sandals - Charles&Keith

Architectural perfection

I hope this post gave you guys some date ideas with your loved ones. It's really awesome to let your hair down and enjoy some fresh air during the weekends. These (man-made) gardens are the closest you can get with nature in Singapore anyway.

For more nature getaways, visit NEA's website:
http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64&Itemid=2