25.7.13

White Sheen

Curved hemline maxi dress - c/o KLARRA




Soiree silver heels - Jeffrey Campbell

Eyelets  blazer  - c/o Dressabelle (also in black)


Sequin scale clutch - ZARA | Sally Hansen nail polish in Lacey Lilac


Chain body harness - c/o O'ORO



There is something about white clothes that keeps you looking refined no matter the difference in textures existing in a single ensemble. Besides, it only makes sense to choose white over black under the merciless heat. I love a maxi dress for hot weather because it's super simple to put on and easily dressed up with nice shoes. 

This is my first ever white maxi and also one of the more formal ones which I find appropriate for weddings and special occasions. I love how the weight of the dress maintains a structured silhouette, giving it extra formality. Generally, I'm super impressed with its design and quality. Saying that this dress is made by a 'blog shop' would be an understatement. Love the thigh-high slit! It doesn't hurt to show off sandals, gladiators or statement heels for my case. I decided to layer with a white blazer, keeping within the same colour family. Since the dress is silky smooth, the eyelets gave it some texture without looking overly matchy matchy. To toughen things up a tad bit, I accessorized with a chain harness and silver jewelry. The overall look is polished and edgy.


P.S. Pretty sure this outfit would look fun with a pair of white converse sneakers. Saving it for a casual day out!

Photos by Yun Jing