26.1.14

Pink Hues

Pleated skater skirt - c/o Dressabelle (similar here & here)


Rhiannon Hues Necklace - c/o O'ORO







Lace up flats - New Look




Striped jumper - G2000 (similar here)


Wool cocoon coat - H&M (similar here & here)


Being someone who is constantly drawn to the dark spectrum of things, I find pink an extremely difficult colour to wear. I'm always concerned on if they make me look over done, attracting too much attention since its such a striking hue. A childlike stubbornness in me refuse to be associated with anything Kawaii or Barbie like, which to me made more sense if I were still 6 years old. But having said that, I really do want to make an effort this Chinese New Year in exploring options out of my comfort zone. Last year, I wore a bright yellow maxi dress even though I avoided anything yellow.

Surprisingly, bright hues really suit me since I'm pretty pale. It's always instinctive to go with black everything. But hey, it's time for a twenty year old to finally try out a  p i n k  skirt. Urgh, it was hard to like it at first but pockets (YES) were a great start. I loved the concealed side zip and how it sits snugly on my hips. I decided to go monochromatic in my top-bottom match, a trick that works magic when pairing a colour you're uncomfortable with. I promise it works even for colours like purple and lime green! The ensemble instantly clicked and all I needed was statement jewellery. 

I put on a really vibrant bejewelled necklace from O'ORO. Having almost all the colours from the colour spectrum, it's so gorgeous on its own and easily coordinated into any outfit. Well made jewellery is like perfume, a finish touch to the outfit, never a must but amplifies an ensemble.

Photos by Corrine