25.4.14

Head Up In The Clouds


Boxy cotton blouse - Mango (similar on ASOS)



Holographic clutch - c/o O'ORO


Sunglasses & chunky silver chain necklace - Cheap Monday 



Lace hem skirt - c/o Dressabelle



Lucite wedge pumps - Charles & Keith


I'm sorry for the long hiatus, but I want to let you know that I am so happy, excited and eager to be back. This space has been a consistent project to document my personal style throughout the years, and it hurts me to not be able to post due to university submissions. But the point is, I'm back!!

My clean colour palette today is a refreshing contrast away from dark colours I normally gravitate towards. I'm also inspired by Karmin, a pop duo group I have been enjoying, whose stage ensembles are always monochromatic. Keeping colours simple for an outfit make room for interesting elements, in my case today being the lace peeking underneath my skirt, my reflective and transparent accessories.

Over the years, I have grown to love corporate/ office wear. No matter the styles I try, it's instinctive for me to divert back to an overall polished look. Even on public transport to school, I'm constantly fascinated by white collar workers in shift dresses and sharp blazers. Does anyone feel the same about pointed pumps, double-breasted coats, boxy brief cases...gosh, my rave list goes on. I must say, corporate wear can sometimes be intimidating but well, I'd rather be taken seriously on any given occasion. 

Photos by Yun Jing