5.4.14

Absence


Turtle neck crop top - ASOS (also in long sleeved)

Lace overlay pencil skirt - c/o Dressabelle
Leather look blazer - Kate Love (similar by ASOS)
Lucite pumps - Charles & Keith
Box clutch - c/o O'ORO | Gold watch - Casio

University submissions are approaching, and now one of those periods when I just want to wear black from head-to-toe, expressing my exhaustion and reluctance as I anticipate hell week. It pretty much means long sleepless nights for me. I chanced upon a quote by Rick Warren this week that said, "Every great comeback first requires a setback". A small dose of encouragement is better than none! In a similar way, plants have been flowering rapidly this week, as if it's their way getting right back at the recent month-long drought. Even on my way to school, I can't help but to notice the drastic difference a little rain can make. It may sound a tad cheesy to say but the beauty of hardship is discovering strength and endurance, isn't it?

Photos by Becca