9.5.14

Brick Red


Red blazer - G2000 (similar by New Look)
Wine oxfords - c/o Charles & Keith
Silk button up blouse - Uniqlo


Tribal origami skirt - c/o Dressabelle
My art teacher once told me that red is the most visible colour in the colour spectrum due to its wave length attributes. Loved for its visibility and bold expression, most people, however, would not consider red as the friendliest colour to wear. I always tend to worry about gaining too much attention especially when worn in great doses. But over the years I've learnt to embrace its boldness. In the past, I used to think bold colours should always go with plain colours like black and white. The results always ended up too much of a contrast, too harsh. Surprisingly, I figured that bold colours actually work really well in monochromatic order. The different shades of red tones down the overall vibrancy of the outfit and visually harmonious. Why save your reds for special occasions when you can wear them all at once?

Photos by Jeanette Liew