28.4.16

Princess Diaries with Z Wedding at Chijmes



You're ringing the only wedding bell
And we're swimming the seas we've known so well
I've tried, to stay alive, in our bed, in our heads
Oh, but your wish is my command

The best part about writing a fashion blog is being able to be a part of fashion, to see fashion as a process and not just its glamourous output. Having worked with the wonderfully sweet ladies at Z Wedding for months now, the Z Wedding for Watabe Wedding Chijmes show was my most memorable one yet. I was granted a rare access backstage and stayed throughout to document the kind of chaos that is part and parcel of a successful runway show. 

Being backstage allows me to see everything up close. I tip-toed my way around the dressing room in curiosity and to not accidentally destroy any of the ever so delicate dresses. Models were transformed into modern day princesses with a flawless luminous complexion, a dash of champagne eyeshadow and bright red lips. Bejeweled hair accessories like tiaras and hair bands were added on top of a romantic up-do which showed-off the boutique's signature backless styles perfectly. Realistically speaking, up-dos are the best for Singapore's humid climate. Dresses were mostly of baby pastel hues that were fit for a mermaid! Meanwhile, a handful of classic white frocks screamed regal with structured bodices and sheer embroideries which resembled the gothic architecture style of Chijmes (this was confirmed when I spoke to one of the designers). Swear I died a little inside...

I can safely say that I'd choose to be backstage over the front row on any given day. Why? The passion and drive of the people who worked behind the scenes inspired me endlessly. I've always thought highly of Z Wedding and Le Grand Wedding but it wasn't until now that I understand why this bridal boutique is loved by many. From its in-house dress designers to tailors, makeup and hair artists, to PR people and the very sweet director, there was some kind of chemistry among them that made me feel right at home. The glam team took great care of the models, you could tell from the girls' wide smiles, which is not always the case in the not-so-merciful fashion industry. I'm not saying this out of courtesy but their kindness and professional working ethics tell me you could trust Le Grand Wedding a hundred percent in preparation for your big day.