2.1.12

Happy New Year!

Blouse - Oh So Fickle boutique, pants - Forever 21, Shoes - Charles&Keith



All things berries! 




Beautiful sunset!


Top - market, pants - Kate Love, shoes - Vans, bag - Perllini

How was everyone's new year's eve? I had a feast at Desiree's place, steamboat at Nigel's, watched sad movies on my own and caught up with my good friends. I love cozy gatherings, but decided to see the nightlife scene at Clark Quay this NYE. There were people that were passed out, people who danced on the bridge blasting music from portable stereo, people who ran and hugged random strangers - what a sight!

I used to write down new year resolutions for myself during secondary school days but I no longer do so. It used to be things like "achieve Gold award for fitness exam"; that was somewhat predictable and I knew that it'll happen one day since it's compulsory by MOE. Right now, I feel like my life is unpredictable and free-going. I'm driven by instant rewards and do whatever that passion pushes me to. I easily forget tasks that will only reward in a long run (e.g. academic work/ sleep) and it's bad, that's tunnel vision.

Steve Jobs once mentioned something like, "in life, you can only connect the dots when you look backwards.." during his commencement speech at Stanford University . I strongly agree with him. I only realize what I have achieved as I reflect upon all the things I have achieved in the past year. Things include starting out this blog, LookBook, worked with Carrie Models, worked with Dressabelle (extremely grateful for this opportunity), took up Bible Study again. At the end of the day, you just need to hold yourself together, get help from the right people and faith. Yes, faith, keep believing in yourself. You don't have to wait for the new year to set your resolutions, right?

Have a happy 2012 everyone!


/edited
Some achievable resolutions that I wish to follow:

- To get at least 7 hours of undisturbed night's rest daily
- To not push any unfinished work to the next day

Easier said than done, but I'm going to try! I am convinced that nothing is more important than sleep.