12.1.12

The little white dress

This week, I picked out Dressabelle's Lattice Cut-out dress in sand. The first thing that caught my attention was its unique cut-out design that reminded me of Nacho chips! 

"A little black dress is an evening or cocktail dress, cut simply and often quite short. Fashion historians ascribe the origins of the little black dress to the 1920s designs of Coco Chanel, intended to be long-lasting, versatile, affordable, accessible to the widest market possible and in a neutral color. Its ubiquity is such that it is often simply referred to as the "LBD."

 (Source)

Okay, I'm not talking about a LBD right here. Let's rebel a little and welcome a little WHITE dress, instead, into our wardrobes. 

White often appears more casual as compared to a LBD thus making it daytime appropriate. Besides, white reflects light to our skin and make us look more radiant. 

This Lattice cut-out dress has a well structured flare and clinch at all the right places. 


It's gorgeous on its own...

Concealed side zipper to ensure better fit

Let me show you some of the outfits I easily achieved with this little white dress! There are tons of options, so just work with what you have. :)


Look 1 - Office appropriate

Don't be a culprit to a sea of black office wear! It doesn't hurt to wear something different and brighten the office environment.

All I did here was to layer a cream button-up blouse underneath to show less skin. The collars of the shirt gives this dress an entirely different silhouette, but still in harmony because the dress and the shirt belongs to the same colour family.


Blouse - Oh So Fickle


Look 2 - Attending an event

Wearing a skirt over a dress is one of my favourite ways to layer. Besides, the cut-out details are too gorgeous to not wear as a top. Same goes to girls who own shift/ floral/ lace dresses - you can do the same too!

I wore a basic maxi skirt on top of my dress to elongate my legs. This method works like magic on petite girls. Then, for accessories I added earrings, feather hairband, a clutch and some metallic bangles. Basically, wear whatever that attracts attention and gives you that 'bling'! It's all about the details.



Colourful, fancy accessories work well on a muted outfit.

Feather hairband - Helen, earrings & bangles - gifted, clutch - Charles&Keith


Look 3 - Safari/ Military

This look is for the "girly goes tough". I personally adore the military trend and other masculine pieces. For some reason, olive/ army green compliments my skin tone very well. Green doesn't appear very much appealing to me but it works!

For this look, balancing masculine and feminine pieces is important. Since this dress is very girly, I pieced it with an oversized army green shirt. An utility jacket or leather vest works as well. Then, I added a belt to redefine my waist line (very important!). Pulled my hair up to reduce fuss and paired leather and wood accessories.


Shirt - Cotton On, leather belt - Uniqlo

"Don't WASTE your WAIST!"

So that's it from me! To learn about more ways to wear your little white dress, watch the video below! I highly highly recommend it. It's very inspiring. Chriselle the fashion guru shows you how to wear your LWD in 7 different ways - that's a week's worth!



Have fun!