18.4.12

I'd sail before a thousand moons, never finding where to go

Nightwish band shirt (old), leather panel skirt - Zara, plaid shirt - Bugis Street

Round shades - Far East Plaza





Underground inspired creepers - Taobao.com, bag - Shanghai


Nightwish is one of my favourite bands ever. When I was in my early teens, I was really into bands, heavy metal..all that stuff. During that period of time, all I wore was a band shirt, skinny jeans (those cheap ones from Penisula) and converse sneakers. My 'uniform' wouldn't be complete without badly applied eyeliner and fringe swept across half my face. So embarrassing just to even think about it.

I'm still loving my band tees, just wearing it differently. I still listen to my favourite bands. My love for Nightwish will never change~

-

One of their 'show rooms'. You can buy almost everything you see in the store.


I will not mind tailoring one of these to wear for my own wedding. The gowns were really gorgeous, mostly with no defects.


Lounging on beautifully aged arm chair that costs $280. 


Remembering my primary school days; when people queued for hours outside MacDonalds just to get these.

Velvet wedges for sale


Creepy looking dolls that I wanted to own when I was a kid.

The staff creatively showcased modified chairs that are now used to hold plants.



So last week I went on a thrifting hunt(again) at the Praiseheaven Family store by the Salvation Army. Man, the store went through a major revamp! Old but new - the best way to describe that place. Not only you'll see newly set up 'show rooms' (think: IKEA), the goods were reorganized too. I feel so happy every time I'm there. You'll never know what you will find there, really. There were brand new dining tables at only $280 - I promise you they're much sturdier than IKEA ones.

Read my past experiences at the store:
http://ulimali.blogspot.com/2012/03/thrifting-at-salvation-army.html
http://ulimali.blogspot.com/2011/08/loots-salvation-army-thrift-store.html
http://ulimali.blogspot.com/2011/04/salvation-army.html


Special thanks to my friend and photographer for that day, Joanne. :)