7.8.12

How To: Natural Looking Eyebrows

Eyebrows are often the most neglected part of the face. I used to do heavy eye makeup without filling in my brows because I didn't feel the need to. Why are eyebrows so important? You probably have heard a thousand times about how eyebrows 'frames' your face but trust me, it's true. Personally, a nice set of eyebrows make me look more focused because it visually draws my eyes closer together. It also gives me the illusion of a slimmer nose.

I guess the most important thing is to trim your brows. I go for threading at Little India for $6 every 6 months and maintain the shape by tweezing the excess hair every week. Once you have a basic shape to work on, it is a lot easier to fill them in. Also, do not over pluck! When in doubt, do not tweeze at all, leave it to the beautician instead.




How to you determine the colour of your brows? Simple use a shade that is slightly lighter than your current hair colour. For example:

Blonde/platinum - light gray/brown
Brunette - brown
Black - dark brown/gray
Redheads - reddish brown

You get the drift. This is merely a guide for natural looking brows. No one is stopping you to having pink hair with black brows!

Products used in this video:
Brow Pencil from Sasa (sorry I really cannot remember the brand)
Ardell clear brow gel


"You ain't working if you love what you're doing."