8.11.12

I turned 19th!


My birthday cake cupcakes baked by Denise


I turned nineteen last weekend! First of all, thank you for your good wishes. I cannot reply all but I sure read them! My sweet sixteenth felt like yesterday. They say age is just a number but I really don't look forward to the big 2 when I have to make more important decisions on my own.

I woke up to nineteen helium balloons, each had a photo attached with metal clips to the string. Nigel surprised me with those and my parents must be impressed. I couldn't imagine how he stuffed all that into the car and attach the photos one by one at my void deck. Balloons made me feel like a child again!


I was brought to Salt Grill & Sky Bar for brunch and gosh, I couldn't be happier. The restaurant is built all the way at the 55th floor above Ion Orchard, where you have to take a lift up. The atmosphere up there was so bright, quiet and elegant. It seemed like somehow the view above mesmerized each couple into their own private space, as if there were no one up there but us. The service was great, if not a bit over-friendly for me. Or perhaps I was nervous and not used to waiters (as a form of politeness) trying to engage in small talks with their guests. But nevertheless, I highly recommend this place for romantic occasions.

Roasted cherry tomatoes, Burrata cheese, peppers, grilled bread (vegetarian)

Salt and pepper squid, char grilled lime and aioli

Seared blue fin tuna sesame, mustard, wasabi aioli

Salmon gravlax, truffled eggs

Caramelized figs with black berry consumme, mascarpone sorbet

As the restaurant's name suggests, the main ingredient in their dishes is salt, so prepare to drink plenty of water after. I enjoyed everything I had. We were served white bread with olive oil and spices as a starter and something this simple was delicious too. I like the fact that they also offer vegetarian dishes. I'd recommend the salmon dish - the eggs have a great taste and texture which went perfectly with raw salmon. For dessert, you really have to try the caramelized figs! They're crispy, sweet and sour at the same time.




It was an amazingly beautiful experience to dine while enjoying the breathtaking skyline. Great conservations go on naturally when you share a view like this with your loved one. I could sit at the same spot forever. I never thought there was a place so serene in town.




Guests can have a even better view of the skyline with an equipment (sorry idk what it's called) that allows you to zoom in. What a pity that it started to rain. I am currently having a serious love-hate relationship with my pink sweater, the one Lana Del Rey has been seen all over the world. It's undeniably pretty but it sheds SO MUCH to the extent someone else who is two metres away from me gets fur on their pants. Makes my nose feel horribly itchy too. 

H&M angora blend sweater | Cotton On leather skirt | Jeffrey Campbell 'Soiree' heels (similar here) | Charles & Keith bag



That's all! I'm happily smiling away as I finish this post thinking of all the good things that happened over the weekend. We caught Skyfall too, which I think was probably the best spy movie I have ever watched. Nigel sure knows how to spoil me with all that he does for me. Thank you. <3