17.10.13

Shadow Play

Rimmel Kate Moss Matte lipstick in 107 - ASOS


Mesh hem midi dress - c/o Dressabelle



Lucite sling clutch - ZARA | Silver bracelet - Charles & Keith




Soiree silver heels - Jeffrey Campbell



The harsh mid-noon lighting may be a nightmare to most photographers but we decided to make the most out of what we had by playing with shadows. They say "Life threw me some lemons so I made some lemonade!" – one of my favourite quotes to go by a shitty day. 

The idea of peek-a-boo has always existed for fashion, evident in common items like the peep toe shoes and cut out backs. Leave the rest to your imagination. Working around that idea, I chose a classic midi dress which has an unexpected mesh detail round my knees. I thought it was fun to inject peek-a-boo elements into my bag and shoes as well. Yes...I admit that I'm not quite over lucite things. I think they're so modern and attracts a curious eye.

Photos by Yun Jing