5.2.15

Film Rolls From Years Back

In a world where everything is shared simultaneously in real-time, I might have forgotten how it's like to photograph on film. Just last week, for some random reason, I decided to finally (I mean, up to four years later) decided to develop two rolls of film that had been neglected longer than they should be. 

Can you imagine documenting a holiday purely on film? I would be lying if I said I had the patience and faith for it but at the same time, I'm thoroughly conflicted within. The outcome is surprising, as always, serving as documentation to moments almost forgotten yet instantly recalled when viewed again. Maybe it's the spontaineity, or the natural odd grains – genuine grains without the help of VSCO Cam. There is a certain quality and mood to film which I cannot quite explain probably due to lack in technical knowledge.

The pictures were all taken by my dummy film camera Pentax Espio 928M, released in the late nineties. I found it at The Salvation Army thrift store for S$2.50 then, and remains my best vintage find to date. 


A photo shoot using my bedroom backdrop, 2011

My best friends for almost a decade

First time dipping into the infinity pool at Marina Bay Sands Hotel, 2011

The day I turned eighteen years old, 2011

Visiting a vintage toy museum. We look right out of the seventies.

First overseas trip with Nigel to Bangkok, 2012

Don't even know the intentions behind wearing a flower headband and the bushes. Whut?

My second trip to Vietnam. I loved it so much. 2012
Random note: this is how my film camera defines "wide frame". It literally cuts off parts of the composition space.

Early days of Nigel driving, the year he got his license, 2013

Our very first picnic in 2012. We just had one again last weekend!