24.5.12

The Peplum


Today's outfit was inspired by Victoria Beckham. Notice anything different today? I'm free from my usual stack of armparty! Victoria is often seen in either mini skirts, shift dresses or long gowns. But all share one thing in common; a tiny clinched waist. Her outfits usually focus on creating a structured/ exaggerated silhouette and minimum accessories. To me, Victoria Beckham is the definition of "Less is More" when it comes to fashion.

Executive Peplum Blouse - Dressabelle | Pencil skirt - ASOS | Bag - Shanghai




Peplum is one of those things that's universally flattering. It doesn't matter if it's a skirt, dress or top. 

If you are stick-thin like me, you get curves, instantly! Pear shaped girls will be glad to know peplum hides any bulge amazingly well. Foor busty girls, a v-neck peplum blouse (like the one I'm wearing) will help balance out the upper torso. 

Just like the classic skater dress, peplum is just as good granting us an hourglass figure.





This metal belt came along with my peplum blouse. It's detachable too.



As a guide, pair peplum tops with fitting bottoms because opposites attract. (most of the time) I am wearing my favourite magenta pencil skirt from ASOS!




Colour-block platform heels - Payless (I got mine from Payless store in JCube)

Presenting the 5.5 inch platforms in its full glory! Those are the most colourful heels I own to date. Absolutely in love. You might be surprised to know they only cost me $39.90. Pretty worth it huh? They're sturdy, chunky and very good quality. I walked half a day in these today, no complaints at all.




Revlon butter, a gold Casio Watch and heels by Brash

Ending off with a shot of my favourite things at the moment :)

And photo credits to my mom!