14.12.12

You've Got Mail!

Photobucket
Shirt - Sweet Drug

Photobucket

Photobucket
Trista Skater Dress - Dressabelle (worn as skirt)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Studded pumps (in the style of Valentino) - Charles & Keith

This white dress, unofficially referred to as the 'Marilyn Monroe dress', is one of the most beautiful pieces ever created by Dressabelle. It looked nothing on the hanger, but once I put it on, I was SOLD. I love how it's super fitted at the top but the skirt portion is exaggerated with volume and movement. They say do noy judge a book by its cover, I say do not judge a dress on its rack! My inspiration for today's look was derived from a mixture of post WWII women and Mr. Postman (this explains the random gift box). You probably can't tell here but the dress actually has a square neckline which really flatters my collar bones, reminding me a lot of Empire style dresses worn in the medieval times. Nothing screams lady more than a neat bun paired with pointy pumps, I then added a floral sash just for that extra vintage glamour. 

It is almost unbelievable that it has been a year since I started working with Dressabelle. I started out with nothing but an unprofessional background in my room, a cheap shaky tripod and camera. Now, I love experimenting with different themes and landscapes, and really thankful for my colleague JJ who helps me with photographs. My personal style changed drastically - I'm probably a lot more girly and colourful now - but my love for fashion remains the same. I feel so blessed to be doing what I love and have readers who have been following me on my personal blog as well as on Dressabelle, a.k.a the weekly Look Book Friday. Just want to thank everybody who have been sticking around! And to all my new readers, welcome on board! :)

Happy 1st birthday to Dressabelle & I and here's to more style adventures to come!

Tartan Tales - the first ever Look Book Friday post