14.3.12

Thrifting at Salvation Army



One of my favourite places to shop in Singapore is Salvation Army. The one I have been going is the Praiseheaven family mega store located along upper Bukit Timah Road. I love discovering vintage treasures and this place...gosh it has never failed to amaze and surprise me.
Read my previous posts about shopping at Salvation Army here and here.
For those who has never been there or feel skeptical about finding old stuff, let me bring you through some of the things I saw today!

You may find anything in the store from paintings, musical instruments, electrical appliances, furniture etc but I will be focusing on fashion. 
The shoes section



I don't recommend getting old shoes if they are dirty and gross, but if you look closely there may be exceptions. Once I saw a brand new pair of combat boots going at $35. 

Brand new metallic flats/sandals going at only $10

How cute are these?! They are all brand new!

Geometric skirt by m(phosis going for $5 
The evening gown section


The evening gowns were really gorgeous. I mean, you will be able to tell that they're dated but the quality and details are unquestionable. I really wonder what made people want to donate such amazing dresses that they probably wore for a wedding.

I scored a burgundy evening gown for only $27. Not going to show it here because I'm planning to wear  it out (yep..in public) soon. ;)

Mandy with a white wedding gown

This one is so perfect I honestly will not mind tailoring and wearing it on my wedding day.

Details on one of the gowns

Stitchings inside of a dress

Details on a gorgeous velvet full skirt

I think this one is runway worthy.

I really love the shopping at the Salvation Army! Someone else's trash can be a treasure to others, besides it's great to know that you're doing a good cause.


Outfit of the day:

Top - City Plaza, pants - Forever 21, platforms - Jeffrey Campbell, sun hat - Daiso, bag - handmade by mom


This look was inspired by Pocahontas.






I have a love-hate relationship with this top I scored for $10 from City Plaza. On one hand I love how the fringe swayed with every movement, on the other hand I don't think it suits me that well. What do you think?





My amazing photographer and friend, Mandy

This girl never fails to capture the best pictures. Thank God for the adequate sunlight even after a downpour!